Our seminar series 20 Questions for Policy & Strategy Design (and practical techniques to help answer them) builds your skills across five important areas of complex problem solving. The 20 Questions help you to:
- build a deeper understanding of problems and why they are occurring, so you are informed about what to do, rather than having to guess
- use analytical and creative ways to find clever courses of action to re-design the system to achieve the desired outcomes and avoid unintended consequences
- take an evidence-based approach, so you have a strong case for, and confidence that your ideas will work
- work with uncertainty so your strategy maintains its relevance in a dynamic and uncertain world, and
- engage others to inform, test and build support for your ideas.
The seminars are designed to be inspiring and engaging. They include many examples, case studies and stories to help make the ideas and techniques tangible and practical.
Embedded in the 20 Questions are essential higher-order thinking skills. The seminars and workshops also build skills across these areas:
- Strategic thinking
- Systems thinking
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Futures thinking
- Design thinking
- Structured thinking
All our seminars and workshops are based on our 20 Questions for complex problem solving and strategy development (and practical techniques to help answer them), but the seminars and workshops can vary in depth and duration – there is significant flexibility in how they can be delivered. The seminars are also highly modular so we can focus on your priorities. They range from a series of one-hour seminars, or half-day, one day, two-day and three-day workshops.
Visit the 20Q page for an overview of the 20 Questions, or for more information, download the flyer (below), or, contact us.